Monday, January 31, 2011

2D OT n back..

Have been thinking of penning down this for long now, but guess the 4 months long break has made me even more lazy


How i managed a break this long.. well take up a surgery which puts you into bed rest for straight 2 months and then requires a lot of well structured exercise , if I may say physiotherapy .. for me it was the ligament injury which got me the much needed break from the “office office” game we all play... the injury which happened somewhere in June 2009, just a day after I got back from one of the most interesting, exciting, tiring and what all of a trip with the “Sharma brothers”.. unfortunately the injury happened, but fortunately it did not happen during the travel. But like they say, it’s all destined, what has to happen, happens! Even my “janampatri” it seems had this injury written in it :P.. Probably some bad karma of mine from before this life.. who knows..

Tried every know alternative in my scope to avoid the surgery, ranging from homeopathy to alternate sciences with the HEALERS trying to heal my injury by sending energies, but nothing really worked 100%.. I’ll like to believe that all this did some good instead of thinking nothing happened. For surgery was my last resort and even the year long experiments with rest and medicines could not help me avoid it. This post is in way just for me... I want to remember these times after and during the surgery for they made me realise few things... no matter how short lived these realisations will be for me.. still wanted to pen down every detail before I forget and find it hard to recollect how things happened.. and how things happen...

Now I have never had much trips to the hospital and am one of those who hate going to the doctors.. even as a child I hated going to the doctor for when they ask questions and expect you to give exact precise answers, it scares me, what if I somehow give him a wrong answer and he gives me some medicine which might make it worse for me.. but nevertheless every time we get sick , we end up visiting the doctor... being admitted and getting a surgery done took more then an year in the making.. and now after the surgery, it’s still long before things get the way they are the best... normal as some may say..

The journey to the OT was scary and I almost gave up before the surgery began...

Being stripped to bare skin and asked just to wear to hospital clothes, the injections, the cutting of the skin, slicing of the tissues, drilling of the bone and stitching seal the deal... phewww... kudos to the doctors who do it.. but ask me, kudos to patients who go through it.. but alas we don’t even have an option ..

I almost panicked before the anaesthetics could numb my lower body... the procedure required to give me a small injection in my lower back to numb that portion and then from there put in the bigger injection into my spine and numb the lower body for the surgery...just writing this gives me goose bumps ,, but I went through all of it ... looking back I wish no one has to go through any such procedures...

To watch the whole procedure happening in front of you.. when your skin is being cut open.. the drilling machine making a hole in your bone,,, u cant feel it for the anaesthesia but the vibration can be felt by the upper body.. SCARY.. but you cant back out once it’s opened up .. it’s a one way road then.

Once the surgery was complete I realised how easy life has been and how ignorant I had been for am blessed with everything. Walking with clutches to move around.. even the most basic of human activities became a task. I won’t say I pity or sympathise with the people who live their lives on clutches, for it can’t take the pain away from them, but rather I salute them, and have upmost respect for them. It was tough, to move around minimum and with help of the clutches, the visit to the loo.. phew , and with the antibiotics not suiting with my tummy, the trips were very frequent. Not to be able to shower for a month and just do with sponge baths.. not a good feeling at all... but when the pain plays its part nothing else comes to the mind.. be it the hygiene or anything.. It shows how weak and fragile as they would say we humans are. Brings you way down to earth...

Officially (literally and otherwise) 4 long months of leave are over now... and the office working routines gona pick up soon sometime ... this aint a good feeling either but it had to resume sometime.. guess now with the money in the bank hitting all time low, gota get back to “oh so nice” corporate life. .. sigh so used to this do nothing and just lay back lifestyle now.. gona be real tough.. but gota do I gota do... let’s see what’s next in store for me...



3 comments:

monica said...

A very humbling post...you experienced it but the reader too can feel the goosebumps. We always take our self for granted and then life jolts us the hard way to make us realize the worth of every tiny particle.
Very very humbling indeed!!

Puneet said...

Shit dude..!! I cant even imagine doctors doing that to me with my eyes open! Hats off to you for having bore that. And like always, bad times give way to the good ones soon... Hope you have a quick recovery!

Suruchi said...

awww..the bad is over...now look forward to the good times...
hope u are feeling better..up n about n rocking:-)

take care:-)